Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Personal favourites

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Joel Cox's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 1999
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Everyone has there favourite movies that everyone else hates but you seem to love. Or films that you want everyone else to see. What are they and why do you love them so much?

    Okay I'll start:

    La Haine - Its a french movie and I hate subtitles, but everything about this movie is perfect, the cinematography, acting and characters. Simply Beautiful.

    The Cable Guy - Not exactly mind blwoing but I don't know how this isn't considered Jim Carrey greatest film. I know i'll still be laughing at this film for years to come.

    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Why does everyone hate this film! Why?! Why?! Why?! Its sooo good, its genius. Its the only film, no matter how many times you watch it, or how clever you are you can't explain it. smile

    Thats all I can think of right now.

    Joel Cox

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 1999
    Posts
    360
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well i like, wait for it, hudson hawk, that should piss someone off!

  3. #3
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    I think people hate Fear and Loathing because its a Terry Gilliam film.
    For some reason no one ever seems to 'understand' his movies. Its part of the course...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Matt J Heaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2000
    Posts
    430
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really enjoyed Robert Rodriguez's Roadracers.

    I don't know if people hate it but its never mentioned. The music was great too.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member LAmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2000
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I loved Fear and Loathing. And 12 Monkeys as well, wich is another Terry Gillian film. He makes really great movies. They are very surrealistic, and I think he's a good director.

    -Ivan

    ------------------
    "A place for everything and everything in it's place".

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ruthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2000
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My favorite comedy is Muriel's wedding. I think it may be because I love Abba so much.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member N. Foster Tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2000
    Posts
    211
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm REALLY into George A. Romero's films, especially the DEAD trilogy (NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, DAWN OF THE DEAD & DAY OF THE DEAD). Also, Romero's MARTIN is a bona fide masterpiece of horror cinema.

    I absolutely LOVE Atom Egoyan and Peter Greenaway's films. Really deep, often visceral and very thought provocing.

    -N. Foster Tyler

  8. #8
    Inactive Member sdchown's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2000
    Posts
    120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey !

    I actually LIKE Hudson Hawk. I think its quite funny. Even funnier now the humour is so dated. All those yuppie and cappacino jokes. I even have the DVD.

    Then again I like just about ALL movies. I can only think of about 5 or 6 that had no merit whatsoever.

    Later
    Stephen

  9. #9
    Inactive Member ThomYorke's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26th, 2000
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Personally, I reckon 'Fear and Loathing' is a great film - considering that it isn't the easiest book to adapt a film from. Also, I think it's one of Johnny Depp's finest performances - the image of him getting out of the car and swatting at imaginary bats will stay with me forever.

    I actually show the opening of that film to my actors to let them know exactly how much enthusiasm and effort I want from them.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member LAmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2000
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think Thom's right, Fear and Loathing was (in my opinion) Depp's greatest role. And I read the book like 2 years ago. The book actually wasn't as good as the movie. And when a book is better than the book, then that means the director is damb good.

    -Ivan

    ------------------
    "A place for everything and everything in it's place".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •